So in my quest of finding a healthy snack/ breakfast for little A I stumbled upon a recipe for perfect bite sized zucchini muffins! Yes, I know they are zucchini and you may be wondering how can they be delicious- but mark my word, they are yummo! These zucchini muffins are a great way to incorporate veggies into little ones diet and to give them something they can hold and eat.
I did not have my mini muffin tray handy this morning so I decided to make jumbo muffins in my big muffin tray, hence they dont look “bite-sized”. But for next time I will be sure to make them in the mini tray. Also sorry they don’t look super delicious (even though they were heavenly) because they didnt rise to the top. I also improvised a bit my not adding sugar and by adding organic apple sauce and no baking soda just baking powder (that is why they didnt rise on top , I think). So for next time I will make sure to follow the recipe exactly ( or may be almost exactly).
These muffins taste almost like quiche (which I LOVE) so it is a win-win for me. Plus A absolutely loved the taste of these so I will be making more of these in the future for sure and may be different variations of these. These could be cut in halves and served with either butter or apple sauce or jellies. They could be a perfect tea time snack for adults or an awesome nibblers for the picky little toddlers.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded (about 2 small zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the zucchini mixture into large or small muffins cups (I like to use a small ice cream scooper to make spooning into the muffin cups easier).
- Bake 15 minutes for small muffins and 20 minutes for large ones.
- Cool and serve.